Tuesday, February 24, 2009

another bird

Sorry about the steady stream of bird photos lately. Galveston's Featherfest is going on in April, and that organization along with the Galveston Daily News are sponsoring their annual photo contest, so I've been going through my year's worth of bird images to submit. This brown pelican was calmly sitting on a light post and I was happily shooting him at 1/400 of a second, and then he decided to fly away. With no time to switch to a higher shutter speed, I got what I could. Still, you can see a little blur in the wings. I tried to sharpen the head as much as possible, but still I was really disappointed because I felt it was an opportunity lost - being at the right place at the right time, but not fast enough to catch the optimum shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment