Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Macro Flowers

I've been shooting images similar to the one above for several years now. As a graphics person, these types of images appeal to me -- getting in close, abstracting color and form, soft focus. The photographer who really got me into this type of work is Mark Johnson and his book Botanical Dreaming. Mark is from Boulder, Colorado, and if you watch the news you know what's going on in Boulder. I share with you now an excerpt from his email to followers of his blog. I think many of us can relate.

Hello my friends, 
In the wake of the major floods here in Northern Colorado, many of you have sent notes asking how my family is doing. Thank you. Like so many others, we’re bailing out from multiple levels of water and sewer damage right now, but given the extent of the disaster, we feel very fortunate to be alive. My heart goes out to those who have lost more than their homes and possessions. 
Although I will do my best to continue producing the Photoshop Workbench and corresponding in the coming weeks/months, it’s hard to know what lies ahead. I appreciate your patience while I regroup. If you would like to offer assistance, what would help most at this time is having you stop by my Store to make a purchase. To provide assistance to others in desperate need in Colorado, please consider donating to the Red Cross. 
I truly appreciate your concern, patience, and prayers!  
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment