Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Assemble the Skyline #2

Another photo from the Assemble the Skyline shoot -- Nick, Luke, Austin and Max near the Mardi Gras main stage on the Strand in Galveston. There are times when you can break rules -- unusual angles, crops, shooting into sun -- and it works ... fits the subject. When we lined up this shot I saw the sun behind and I hesitated, then just went for it. Turned out to be one of my favorite images of the afternoon. Flare and sunspot captured in camera and seem to work here; normally you might shy away from it. Honestly, if I had to put a piece of flare in this shot with Photoshop I'd place it exactly where it wound up -- right between Luke and Austin. Sometimes when you drop your inhibitions, good things happen. In post, I added a tinting layer to warm things up a bit, also added a slight texture to frame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment