Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pier 19 Tenant

Here's another shot from my Saturday afternoon at Pier 19. I was so busy shooting up-close pelicans from ground level I almost missed this shot. Not sure how long he was like this, but he didn't stay long. I didn't even bother to think about changing camera settings after I read the sign and saw what was in front of me. I just framed and started shooting. Had to do some tweaking in camera raw to get the exposure back in range. When things like this present themselves, they're hard to pass up documenting. Anyway, it made me laugh. And then I realized probably the reason he didn't stay long was because I bet that metal edge wasn't the most comfortable perch. Nikon D200, 1/2000 sec at f/3.5, 78mm, +0.3 EV.

3 comments:

  1. Great capture Steve. You don't worry about camera settings when you see something like this. You just shoot and count on it working for you. That sign edge is probably one cut (no pun intended) above sitting on a railroad spike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture for the humorous assignment at BAPC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve, great photos you have here. Congratulations from Portugal. Jorge Sousa www.ibernatur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete