Sunday, January 31, 2010

One More for the Series

I was supposed to go down to Galveston today and shoot some portraits, but with the cold and cloudy weekend here, we decided to postpone the shoot. So, instead I shot some flowers for my macro series. If you'd like to see more of this type of work, I'll be part of an exhibit at The Arts Alliance Center at Clear Lake running February 11 - April 7. I'll have seven similar images as the one shown above. All have a very characteristic extremely shallow depth of field, a series I've been working on for about a year now.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed this whole series of shots from the beginning. Nice use of color and selective focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the diagonal lines in this image,and the warm pink tones with that pop of yellow. I really like how you have positioned the flower toward the center but off to the lower right, with those "pillows" (I can't think of another name) of out-of-focus petals filling the far lower right. The more-focused petals really stand out against that wash of color behind them. You really get a sense of the form of this flower, yet many of the elements are not clearly focused. Love the edge too!

    ReplyDelete