Saturday, December 26, 2009

Renaissance Festival #3

Here's another photo from the Renaissance Festival last month. This is Kat Denson, who I photographed last year with Larry in bright sun. We both thought the images we got from that session were pretty much unusable because of the harsh light. I attempted to salvage one of them and got surprisingly good results. I posted it on my blog a few months ago. Here's the link. This year, Doug and I photographed Kat as she danced as part of the Gypsy Dance Theater group. With changing light, lots of movement, and neither of us using flash, it was a difficult situation to shoot in. A food pavilion provided the background for this image -- 1/400 sec at f/3.2, +1 EV. In Photoshop I did some touchups to the background sky, also added a black and white layer in luminosity blending mode at 70% to add a little pop.

1 comment:

  1. I guess with the constantly changing background and lighting I chose to shoot a little tighter on most of my shots. I really like the way you framed her in this photo. You've done well mitigating the brightness of the sky and the letters of the building behind Kat.

    ReplyDelete