Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Lauren #6

After all we put Lauren through a few weekends ago in awkward places and nontraditional poses at our trash the dress photo shoot, I thought it would be nice to do a very simple head and shoulders portrait of her. This image was taken during a little break in shooting as we waited for the sun to change positions. She was sitting on the street curb right in front of a bright red fire hydrant. I asked her to lean forward to get a small piece of the hydrant out of the frame, and with Mike providing some fill light from the left I took about a dozen shots at f/2.8. The background that became out of focus here is the sidewalk awning of an old department store on Postoffice Street, which was about 20-30 feet away. I also did my basic 10-minute beauty retouch here -- smoothed and refined the skin, brightened the eyes and teeth, and did some selective sharpening of the eyes, mouth and hair. The background is pretty much untouched.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Absolutely gorgeous! Everything is working here. I hope she prints this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cindi....Gorgeous! Note to self...take more "breaks". A fine job Steve.
    David A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A simply beautiful portrait of a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete