Saturday, July 20, 2013

Killen's BBQ

A few weeks ago, over the Fourth of July holiday, we had friends over to celebrate a birthday, so we got some barbecue from Killen's BBQ Pop-up in Pearland. He sells plates and meat by the pound from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm or until he runs out. All this on the property where he's renovating a building that will become a permanent restaurant. Worth the trip and and the long lines. I took this photo at home with our homemade sides. As you can see, the Fred Flintstone-like beef rib was bigger than the plate. 1/250 sec at f/1.4, ISO1600.

2 comments:

  1. What? No comment on the BBQ. You could lose your Texas citizenship for that. Let me save you. The BBQ is absolutely GREAT. It is on par with that Snow's in Lexington, TX which was rated as the #1 BBQ place in Texas by Texas Monthly a few years ago.

    Steve, nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's crazy! I just mentioned earlier today to someone that I can never find "Fred Flintstones" type of ribs anywhere! Thank goodness I visited your blog today. I see a trip to Killen's soon.

    ReplyDelete