Sunday, July 7, 2013

Astromeria

I'm still shooting my macro flower series when the inspiration comes up. This one was shot for the Bay Area Photo Club's high key assignment a couple of weeks ago. The usual set up -- two umbrellas with speedlights, 36mm extension tube with a 50mm lens, manual exposure and focus. The EXIF data said this was shot at f/2, but with the extension tubes that was more likely around f/1. So shallow that I actually had to pull parts of the stamens from other frames and composite them together so they would all be sharp. That sounds complicated but with such a soft background really isn't that hard to do.

1 comment:

  1. I need to check out the print again. The web based photo seems better defined to me. Either way, I like it. I actually prefer this to some of the others. My reason...more details and not so much soft blur on the overall image. Maybe the stamen actually gives me a subject to focus on, where the others are more abstract.

    ReplyDelete