Saturday, March 9, 2013

Shannon and Rene Engagement Shoot

I had the pleasure of taking some engagement photos Saturday of Shannon and Rene, pictured here on the beach in Galveston. I arrived a little early and was taking some ambient photos of the sky over the water. Didn't think much about them. Later during the shoot I asked them if they wanted some photos in the dunes, and Shannon scrambled right up to the top. I couldn't possibly hold the sky in that shot, so I exposed for them and let the background go white. After thinking of those early underexposed sky shots, I grabbed one and easily masked out the background from the dune shot and dropped in a new sky -- I think a big improvement. Converted to black and white with Nik Silver Efex. Base exposure: 1/800 sec at f/6.3, 80mm. Lesson here: don't delete those test shots.

2 comments:

  1. I like the B&W feel to the picture and the sky you chose. Also like the low point of view. Good job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky gives the portrait a sense of "mystery" to me. It is definitely an eye catcher!!

    ReplyDelete