Monday, January 21, 2013

Alyssa

The photo above was taken in late December. It's my second cousin, Alyssa -- who frequently models for me when I want to try out something new. She's an accomplished singer, so before I ventured off into my own tests, I wanted to do a heavily themed music portrait for her. The first idea was pretty simple: get a bunch of old sheet music and lay it out on the floor creating a background mosaic for her to lay on. To be honest, my idea was to have her laying flat on the sheet music and me shooting from above, but as she was getting into position I kinda liked the pose above where she is leaning to one side. I'm on a ladder about 3 feet above, 1/250 sec at f/7.1 at 32mm, light from a 36" Lastolite octa from camera right boomed above her (almost tabletopped), Lastolite Tri Grip with silver sleeve to the left just off camera to catch a little of the spill and fill the left side of the frame. You can see the light diagram here.

No comments:

Post a Comment