Friday, April 27, 2012

In the Dunes on Amelia Island

Photo above was taken last month on Amelia Island, Florida. This was the second morning shoot at this location. The first was full of frustration and awful photos, no foreground objects, nothing really inspiring. Then I really did a dumb thing, out of sheer frustration I began playing with a neutral density filter, which made things even worse since I really haven't mastered that piece of gear. So as I dejectedly walked back to the hotel through the dunes, I came across these fences that I assume are there to promote dune building. I later saw some mostly covered to the top with sand. So the next morning I planted myself in front of the fences as the sun came up determined to get a better photo. 44mm at f/11, 3 bracketed photos at 2 EV apart. Merged together with Nik HDR Efex, further enhanced with Nik Color Efex 4.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to have been standing at that location where you took the shot, based on what you are showing us in the photo. Solitude and peace of mind comes to my thoughts. Beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete