Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Egret in Flight

Egret in flight, taken March 24 at the Alligator Farm Rookery in St. Augustine, Florida. I've been to the High Island Rookery a few times in the last five years, and there is a pretty good distance between bird watchers and photographers and the nesting birds there. In St. Augustine, it was just the opposite. Many times I felt like I could almost reach out and touch the birds, literally there must have been 5-6 feet between us. I proably could have used an 85mm lens and made decent bird photos. I was reviewing photos and this one crossed my screen. Normally I would have thrown it away since the wing tips were clipped off, but I remembered our photo club had an assigment of "Big" in April, so I thought the size and the outstretched wings made for an interesting interpretation. Maybe even helped it. Go figure. 300mm, 1/1000 sec at f/7.1, handheld; toning and tint added in post.

No comments:

Post a Comment