Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rocky Mountain National Park

...more experiments with HDR. This is from my recent trip to Rocky Mountain National Park, near Estes Park, Colorado -- 3 frames merged together with the fabulous Nik HDR Efex. It is quickly becoming my preferred HDR tool. You combine the power of HDR, the presets available in the Nik program and their U-point technology and you can come away with some otherwise impossible images. I tweaked the tones quite a bit in this one. As I sat on the bank and shot this, I had my doubts. The brackets seemed to have a strange flat blue cast. Nik HDR Efex did an outstanding job adding some color variation, and I pushed them a little further in Photoshop.
Too bad I managed to put the horizon right in the center of the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment