Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lauren in Black and White

From our photo shoot in December, this is Lauren in high contrast black and white. Shot at f/2.2 --- and I have no idea why Larry and I chose to shoot these so shallow. It's not like we were trying to take out a distracting background. The whole day we were shooting against a black muslin. Since I've been taking portraits, getting both eyes in focus has been a constant marching order. At f/2.2 you can see eye in focus, eyebrow not so in focus. That is the delicate dance you do when you drop below f/2.8. Life on the edge of sharpness. I heard today that Nik is updating their Silver Efex Pro software, which I used here to do the black and white conversion. Every time I use this program I am amazed at the results; and I wonder what they could possibly do to improve it.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I don't miss any sharpness anywhere --- even her lips look sharp to me.

    ReplyDelete