Wednesday, January 22, 2014

#505 -- Compositing #1

I have to admit that I've always been interested in compositing -- blending two images together ... using Photoshop to try and tone and blend them so it's a believable merger. When I was shooting Alyssa in late December we started talking about space, and I remembered I had downloaded some high res space imagery from NASA's hubble telescope. The image above was shot on a white background, so the blending was pretty simple. And some of the new features in masking and refining masks in Photoshop made the task relatively simple. Image of Alyssa: 1/60 sec at f/8, two SB800s providing some rim light, main light is an SB800 in a Westcott Rapid Box. Some warm, magenta overlays were added in post to help blend the composite.

1 comment:

  1. You do excellent work Steve and I enjoy following. You make it sound "simple" but I know it's not especially for me. Good job!

    ReplyDelete