Saturday, May 25, 2013

Roxann #1

I got together with some members of the Bay Area Photo Club last weekend and did some portraits of Roxann Hales at Clear Lake Park. The photo above was taken near the church with some moderate backlight. One thing I've been experimenting with lately is color grading with curves adjustments to individual color channels. I think it helped this photo a lot. I also stumbled on a web site called Paintcandy Photography Art Tools, and used one of their freebie lens flare overlays here. Definitely added a lot of drama to the existing backlighting.

2 comments:

  1. Great photo Steve...hope you post more. I really hate that I missed this! Your model has tons of personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot Steve. Love the color grading, hair light and pose. Background is sweet! Model looks extremely comfortable and engaged in the shot.

    ReplyDelete