Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Emili #2

Another photo of Emili inside the golden sphere at UH-Clear Lake on Sunday. Besides trying out the new lighting gear that day I really focused on balancing subject/background elements. Here, I didn't burn in or vignette the upper right corner. This was a natural shadow created by the curve of the sphere behind Emili. So after I saw a shot or two with that in the background, I had Emili pose in ways with her arms and shoulders mimicking the angle and flow. In post I was playing with some Nik Color Efex cross processing filters ... really liked how it brought out the warmth of her skin tones, so blended two layers -- one for the natural warm gold tones in the background and another layer for the more vibrant skin tones. SB900 in high speed sync in a Cowboy Studio 16" beauty dish from camera right feathered in to keep the shadow in the upper right. 85mm, 1/500 sec at f/2.2.


No comments:

Post a Comment